School of engineering in Physics, Applied Physics, Electronics & Materials
The main goal is to present the quality criteria of images sensors which is usefull for poeple designing such captors or just using such captors.
Photodiodes, CMOS captors, CCD captors are presented in details but the course focuses on the photosensible componant (it is not our purpose to present either the whole camera system nor any image processings).
Examples related to visible light captors, X rays captors or Infra read captors are considered as illustrations.
• Geometrical optics (basis) : which quatity of emitted photons reach the pxiels?
• Photodiodes or how to transorm photons in electricity,
• X rays captors,
• Spatial resolution spatialeor how to avoid blurred images?
• Noise or how to avoid noisy images?
• Detectability: with a given light, a given captor with a given spatial resolution and a given robustness to noise, which objects are going to be registrered?
• CMOS and CCD captors
• Infra Read captors (if time remaining)
Semi-conductors physics (4PMBPSS4 course)
Analog electronics basis
Semester 8 - The exam is given in english only
Written exam of 2h duration
100% written exam
Semester 8 - This course is given in english only
Date of update June 11, 2015