Number of hours
- Lectures 0
- Projects 24.0
- Tutorials 0
- Internship 0
- Laboratory works 0
- Written tests 0
The "IPhy Challenge" is a scientific project that takes place over the two years of the IPhy course. When entering the program, students apply on subjects proposed to them by the 3rd year students. The work requested is based on experimentation and involves instrumentation and the fields of application of the field: micro-technology, photonics, solid-state physics.Contact Lionel BASTARD, Celine TERNON
During the first semester, students focus on the technical aspects. They are supervised by a group of 3rd years, who manage the project and finances. For the second semester, the students become more autonomous, they take over the project management on their own while continuing its technical progress.
Examples of projects:
- Renovation and miniaturization of a labwork dedicated to measuring the Zeeman effect
- buyilding of a Neodymium-doped YAG laser
- Participation in the international physics tournament
- Measurement of quantum conduction between a tip and a gold layer
- Instrumentation and calibration of a microelectronics prober
- Building of a scanning tunneling microscope
The grade awarded at the end of the semester is composed of
- evaluation of the pedagogical team (defence, milestones, follow-up) - 70%.
- evaluation of the presentation by the students of the IPhy-Nanotech pre-professional programme - 10%.
- "skills" report - 10%.
- state of the work place: tidying up of manips, archiving of data, etc. - 10%.
80% soutenance + 20% CC